In our HuffPost Yum series we share short, sharp recipe videos showing you how to make some South African favourites, plus new dishes for you to try at home. Watch the video above to see this made and see more detailed instructions below. Enjoy!
Steak, egg and potatoes recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ina Paarman Olive and rosemary spice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate the steak in balsamic vinegar and olive oil for about an hour. Use the amount you would like; as long as the steak has a good coating this should be fine.
2. Pre-boil baby potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Place in a ovenproof dish, sprinkle some olive oil and Ina Paarman's spice over, roast in the oven till nice and crispy.
3. Fry the steak in a griddle pan, for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, but if you need it more cooked, fry it for longer. Pour some of the vinegar and oil mix over it while you are cooking it.
4. Once you are happy with the steak, take it off and leave it in a plate to breath/settle. Fry the tomatoes in the same pan, this will soak up all the nice juices from the steak.
5. Make your egg, and dish up!Suggest a correction