Real name Themba Nkosi, the renowned house music DJ will stage a one-of-a-kind concert on Saturday, August 12 at Icon Soweto.
When he woke up on Tuesday morning, Euphonik was on a mission to make the Tholukuthi Concert a success and if the responses on Twitter are anything to go by, he's well underway to achieving the goal.
The idea of the concert was born from Euphonik's interactions with Killer Kau and Mbali Sikwane whom he'd discovered on social media after their videos went viral.
In their videos, Kau was singing over and dancing to the instrumentals of Destruction Boyz "Shut up and Groove" while Sikwane had taken up the #Tholukuthi challenge.
Within a day, Euphonik had recorded a song with the duo.
He vowed to stage a concert in Soweto because both youngsters are from the area and that it would be a great celebration of talent.
The 33-year-old has asked some of the who's who in the entertainment industry to be part of the concert.
Here's what we know so far:
1. Pearl Thusi will host the gig:
— Euphonik™♛ (@euphonik) August 8, 2017
2. Radio and club DJs Sphectacula (Sphe Ngwenya) and Naves (Lebogang Naves) have opened up their venue for the concert.
3. DJs Tira, Capital, Cleo, Lerato Kganyago are on the line-up:
4. Golden Daki designed the official poster for the event:
5. Killer Kau and Mbali Sikwane will perform the song on SABC 1's LiveAmp on Friday night:
6. We also know that a music video is on the cards:
Hola! I got you👊🏾 #TholukhutiHey— SlikourOnLife (@slikouron) August 8, 2017
Euphonik previously told HuffPost SA that artists should get into the culture of embracing young and upcoming artists.
Euphonik said at the end of the day, for him it was about using the power of music to change someone's life.
"The power of music has won."Suggest a correction