Draft resolution (The Leader of the Opposition): That the House resolves, in terms of section 102(2) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, that it has no confidence in Mr J G Zuma as President of the Republic of South Africa on the grounds of his continued irrational, irresponsible and reckless leadership, and that:
(1) his decision to recall former Minister of Finance Pravin Gordhan and former Deputy Minister of Finance Mcebisi Jonas from an international roadshow which was aimed at increasing investor confidence had the exact opposite effect which led to the plummeting of the Rand;
(2) the President's continued reckless and irrational behavioursurrounding the position of Minister of Finance had resulted in an economic crisis, which was previously seen when Minister Nene was summarily fired from the position in December 2015;
(3) President Zuma deliberately chose to repeat his actions, which isevidence that he has lost all sense of rationality and sound judgement;
(4) these actions resulted in job losses and would thus be most profoundly felt by the poor and most vulnerable citizens in South Africa; and
(5) his derelict leadership has resulted in a collapse of public confidence in the President of the Republic of South Africa, created a government at war with itself and ultimately undermined efforts to restore confidence in the South African economy.