1. Hey, city slickers, fancy spending a night in Khayelitsha? You might have to book well in advance, because Airbnb has opened an office in the Western Cape township and business is booming. Local B&Bs are in on the deal and offer cosy accommodation and yummy traditional meals to boot. Read Here.
2. So, Jacaranda FM breakfast show co-host Tumi Morake went on air saying the repercussions of apartheid are still being felt, and it's a big ask to ignore this fact. But then some listeners and Afrikaner minority-rights groups Solidarity and AfriForum took offence, threatening her for being "racist". IKR? But she's not having it, no, siree. Read Here.
3. Big news in the tech world is the new iPhone X (as in 10, or X-pensive...). The latest gadget from Apple packs a host of features and it is sexy to boot (being Apple an' all). But can it compete with the mighty Samsung Galaxy S8? Read Here.
4. South Africa-born photographer Trevor Stuurman is all the rage right now. Currently in New York, he snapped some REALLY juicy pics of it-girl Teyana Taylor. And we have them. Read Here.
5. Can you believe Eminem's hit "Lose Yourself" was released, like, 15 years ago? Fifteen! Feel old yet? To commemorate this great song by one of the most influential rappers of our time, we compiled a video of the song with ALL the lyrics taken from movies or TV shows. You won't believe how cool it came out. Watch Here.
6. Former deputy higher education minister Mduduzi Manana has manned up to the charges of assault against him and pleaded guilty in the Randburg Magistrates Court. He had been accused of assaulting a woman in a nightclub. We'll have to wait to see what his sentence will be. Read Here.
7. Hollywood actor George Clooney was snapped with an old lady all up in his face. Literally. A picture of Clooney's face being stroked by an elderly fan was all the rage on Reddit, where users did crazy edits-- obviously -- yielding some truly crazy and amazing results. Read Here.
8. A South African lesbian dominee, who was fired by her church for marrying her partner, has some advice for Australians, who are voting to legalise gay marriage or not -- don't be afraid! Ecclesia de Lange says churches should educate themselves and try to talk to LGBTQI people for a change. Read Here.
9. The World Economic Forum says creativity will be one of the most important skills to have in 2020. Your kid is gonna need that to survive and thrive in the fourth industrial revolution. Read Here.Suggest a correction