In our HuffPost Yum series we share short, sharp recipe videos showing you how to make some South African favourites, plus new dishes for you to try at home. Watch the video above to see it made and see more detailed instructions below. Enjoy!
Watermelon salad with yoghurt and mint dressing recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
½ cucumber, peeled
30ml each fresh coriander and parsley
2cm piece of ginger in syrup
30ml olive oil
30ml lemon juice
1 chilli, chopped
250ml Greek yoghurt
½ watermelon, cut into triangles
½ mango, peeled and sliced
handful each of baby salad leaves and mint, to garnish
1. Use a vegetable peeler to cut the cucumber into slices lengthways.
2. Chop the coriander and parsley. Chop the ginger. Mix together in a bowl. Stir in the oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Mix the chilli into the yoghurt. Set aside.
4. Place the watermelon pieces on a platter. Top each piece with slices of mango.
5. Twist the cucumber slices and place them on top of the mango. Top with a spoonful of herb dressing. Spoon the yoghurt dressing over the top. Garnish with a few salad leaves and some mint.