Three of the four men held for the violent attack on a black man in Pretoria, have been denied bail after it was revealed that they had faked their addresses.
According to the Sunday Times the men also have various other cases of assault pending against them.
The suspects, M Harding, 22, O Miller, 20, RJ Mel, 39, and DJ van Rooyen, 21, were filmed beating Jacob Sono at a KFC outlet in Montana, after Sono apparently asked them to move forward at the drive-thru queue.
Sono's wife, Dudu recorded the assault.
Police spokesperson Kay Makhubela told the paper that only Harding had been released on bail.
"The three other suspects were denied bail after they were found to have pending assault charges and gave false addresses."
KFC corporate communications manager Gail Sham told the paper that the company had been in contact with a member of the Sono family and extended its apologies and support.
"The violence in the footage is inexcusable and we condemn any form of violence in our nation," she said.
Makhubela said the suspects will appear again in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Friday.