These days, finding love online is the new normal. A 2013 study revealed that one-third of recently married couples in the U.S. met via the internet. But that didn't save them from all the hopes, fears and butterflies associated with finally facing each other in person.
The couple initially connected on the video platform Twitch, where Ferriero was streaming his digital artwork. Five months into chatting and falling in love, the 29-year-old artist took the leap and flew out to meet Krisi in Toronto.
"Traveling alone was a little scary and airport security was a little rough, but I went for the sake of love," he told HuffPost.
In Canada, the pair toured local museums, took care of each other after getting sick and drank a lot of coffee (Tim Hortons FTW). While Ferriero flew back home to Naples in early January, the couple's bond has grown even stronger.
"It was a really beautiful experience, and it felt like it was natural being with her," he said. "I've grown a lot thanks to this experience."
Check out how the couple's first meeting unfolded below and see more of Ferriero's work on his Facebook page.
- Naples AirportSimone Ferriero
- FlyingSimone Ferriero
- Airplane Wing/Italian AlpsSimone Ferriero
- Frankfurt AirportSimone Ferriero
- First LookSimone Ferriero
- First KissSimone Ferriero
- Escape The AirportSimone Ferriero
- ArrivedSimone Ferriero
- First Night TogetherSimone Ferriero
- Ripley's Aquarium Of CanadaSimone Ferriero
- Coffee Shop/Spilling CoffeeSimone Ferriero
- Cold WeatherSimone Ferriero
- Insomnia EpisodesSimone Ferriero
- MallSimone Ferriero
- Lazy BoysSimone Ferriero
- Royal Ontario MuseumSimone Ferriero
- SickSimone Ferriero
- Art Gallery Of OntarioSimone Ferriero
- Netflix & ChillSimone Ferriero
- TicklingSimone Ferriero
- Me SickSimone Ferriero
- CN TowerSimone Ferriero
- CN Tower Restaurant + Final Bill SurpriseSimone Ferriero
- Gift ShopSimone Ferriero
- Some Local FoodSimone Ferriero
- Promise RingSimone Ferriero