March is supposed to come in like a lion and out like a lamb. But in the world of Instagram food, it’s more like, “In like a slow-cooked stroganoff, out like a flower-adorned cake.”
The palates of HuffPost Taste’s Instagram followers didn’t change much from February, when they went for the typical comfort foods of deep winter ― and for good reason.
Remember those four nor’easters in March? Instagram remembers them too. Rather than double-tapping lighter spring fare, our followers in March most liked four comforting desserts, two pastas, three oven-baked savory dishes and a soup.
And as winter weather lingered, so did a taste for a certain kind of dessert: The top recipe for February has a lot in common with March’s.
Here are the 10 most liked recipes from March:
- 10Chili-Roasted Sweet PotatoesThe Hungry Hutch
- 9Mushroom StroganoffGimme Some Oven
- 8Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip BlondiesAverie Cooks
- 7Sheet Pan English BreakfastNick Evans
- 6Salmon Burgers With SlawPinch Of Yum
- 5Moroccan Spiced Chickpea SoupNot Enough Cinnamon
- 4Coconut Eton Mess Cake With Whipped Ricotta CreamHalf Baked Harvest
- 3Sun-Dried Tomato And Ricotta Turkey MeatballsHalf Baked Harvest
- 2Brown-Butter Banana BreadThe Hungry Hutch
- 1Ultimate Chocolate Cake With Fudge FrostingLove and Olive Oil