On Monday night in New York City, some of the biggest celebrities and models will rub shoulders at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala, aka fashion's biggest night.
Among the most anticipated guests are Amal Clooney and Rihanna, who, along with Donatella Versace, are the event's honorary co-chairs. Seeing the three of them together on the red carpet is like seeing the fashion world's equivalent of the Holy Trinity.
Versace will almost certainly be dressed in one of her own designs, as she often is, but we can't help but wonder if Rih and Amal will be decked out in Versace, too. We have to admit we'd love to see them rocking some matching gold Versace chainmail or maybe even some decadent crosses, given this year's Catholicism theme. They've worn pieces from the Italian label in the past ― albeit in very different ways, to fit their very different styles ― so it is possible.
Check out their best Versace fashion moments from the recent past:
- September 2013VCG via Getty Images
- September 2014Gilbert Carrasquillo via Getty Images
- January 2015GVK/Bauer-Griffin via Getty Images
- March 2015Kevin Mazur via Getty Images
- September 2015Josiah Kamau via Getty Images
- May 2016George Pimentel via Getty Images
- February 2017Marc Piasecki via Getty Images
- September 2017Venturelli via Getty Images
- December 2017
- April 2018Jacopo Raule via Getty Images